On August 29 we held our second annual Maple Grove Food Packing event and together packed 285,000 meals
for Haiti! What a day and accomplishment that was! And are you ready from some more great news? The food
has arrived at Lifeline Ministries and is already being distributed – a huge answer to our prayers! Now we enter
into part two of the project – raising the remaining funds for the raw materials. Our goal was $52,000 and we
had raised just over $20,000 prior to and the day of the event, meaning we had $32,000 remaining. Last week
we received $20,000 from an anonymous donor! Between Maple Grove Covenant and Northwood another
$4,410 was received. We need approximately $8,000 and together, with God’s help, in partnership with Maple
Grove Covenant, and with the involvement of the local community we CAN do this. But we need your help. We
need you to get the word out to your neighbors, extended families, employers, co-workers, and friends. Here are
some of the new tools and ways you can invite people to participate:
- The MGFP website is updated with video, pictures and information from the event and donation links at www.mgfoodpacking.com
- You can now make a donation on behalf of someone else for a Christmas or birthday gift – just provide their name and address in the “comment” section at the end of the donation process and Impact Lives will send them a letter acknowledging the gift on their behalf.
- We have a new attractive brochure for you to give to neighbors and friends that explains the need and how to give.
- You can invite your extended family to buy boxes of food for each at Christmas instead of the usual gifts.
- We have a letter that you can use to invite them to do this if you wish.
- We have a letter going out to local businesses inviting them to buy boxes of food on behalf of their employees instead of the usual chocolates and nuts. You can use this letter for your workplace if you like.
- The “Woods” children’s ministry will be given paint buckets to collect money from friends and neighbors now through Christmas Eve. There will be prizes for the kids who raise the most.
- NSL will be raising funds in connection with their 30-Hour Famine event that includes a 30-hour fast raising awareness for world hunger.
- We will end our drive to reach this goal with a special Christmas Eve offering for Haiti.
Please consider one of these ways to spread the word, or maybe come up with a creative idea of your own.
Donations are accepted by credit card or PayPal account at www.mgfoodpacking.com Checks are payable to Impact Lives or enclose cash donations in envelopes marked Impact Lives. These can be given in the Sunday offering or sent to the Northwood office.