Prayer is one of the most important and powerful helps God has given us, and Saturday, October 13 is our next Pray Day. Prayer makes a difference and you are encouraged to sign up to pray for 30 minutes between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. CLICK HERE to sign up on the schedule. A 30 minute prayer guide will be available here soon to help you pray for the coming ministry year for Northwood Church.
PRAY DAY GUIDE
Pray Day October 13, 2018
“The Coming Ministry Year of Northwood Church”
Prayer is a gift from God to us. Through prayer we communicate with God – we talk and listen to him. And, God makes two great promises about prayer: 1) We can pray about anything and everything (Philippians 4:6–7) 2) God will respond according to his will (1 John 5:14 – 15). God’s two promises encourage us to pray honestly, confidently and with faith in what God will do. As you pray through this Guide you are encouraged to read the Bible passages listed. As already mentioned, prayer includes listening to God and He speaks most clearly and directly to us through the Bible. Take as much time as you want with each Bible passage and then … pray. May your time in prayer be a holy moment.
- Be still (quiet) and know that God loves you (Psalm 46:10). Be thankful for His presence within you (John 14:15).
- Read Psalm 145. Offer praise, worship and thanksgiving to God.
- Acknowledge your need for forgiveness. But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness (I John 1:9 NLT). Confess known and unknown sin to God, claiming God’s forgiveness and thanking him for it.
Pray specifically for Northwood as follows …
- For Northwood to pursue living out her values to be …
- Loving: We want to love God above all else and love our neighbors in tangible and personal ways toward the hurting among us and around us.
- Learning: What it means to follow Jesus Christ.
- Worshipping: As people who love God and delight to express our love for him thru song, prayer, giving, and praise as we adore the God who made us.
- Outreaching: We believe God has blessed us to be a blessing to others so we want to use our resources to meet needs.
- For Sunday Mornings (Joshua 1:8-9)
- For the Holy Spirit’s presence to surround each and every piece of the preparation of and teaching during each Sunday morning and for the evil one to flee from this house of worship.
- For those in attendance to feel loved and welcomed and to grow deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- For the staff of Northwood
- Current staff includes: Jenna Bakken (Office Manager), Matthew Bichler (Student Life Associate), Jon Dack (Children’s and Family Pastor), Brian Doten (Senior Pastor), Isaac Holst (Worship Pastor).
- Pray for protection over staff’s families and marriages.
- Pray that the staff would continue to grow in faith and be godly leaders.
- Pray God leads a godly Youth Pastor, who loves students, to Northwood.
- For each area of ministry at Northwood
- Leadership Team
- Team Leader, Scott Fjellman and the others on the team
- For team unity and continued godly discernment in all decisions.
- Worship Ministry (I Chronicles 16:8-11)
- Praise for answering our prayer for bringing a godly Worship Pastor, Isaac Holst.
- Prayer for growth in relationships on the team; that God would bring young people to be leaders for the future; that we would sing with passion for the Lord.
- Small Groups
- Team Leader, Troy Nelson
- For groups to be healthy and new groups to start well.
- Outreach (I Peter 3:15)
- ALPHA – for meaningful involvement and for lives to grow in Christ.
- Serve Day on October 28th – for effective and selfless service to our community.
- Prayer Ministry
- Team Leader, Karen Case
- That each person at Northwood has a desire to grow our communication with God.
- Children’s Ministry
- Jon Dack (Children’s and Family Pastor)
- The many volunteers – praise for and protection over them.
- For strengthening relationships among the families of Northwood.
- NSL (Northwood Student Life – Youth Group; grades 7-12)
- In the interim, in particular, for God to protect Matt Bichler (Student Life Associate) and each of the volunteer leaders and praise for each.
- For the Youth Pastor Search Team – for God to reveal the person He wants to lead this ministry and continued strength for the search team.
- For growth in the participants of this ministry – spiritually, relationally, & numerically.
- Young Adults Ministry
- Team Leaders, Paul and Cyndi Deneson
- Pray that the Spirit would prepare the hearts of those young adults who will be part of this group and that God will give Paul and I wisdom on how to create a community for them that will be meaningful.
- May their participation in this group bring them closer to Jesus; more committed to serving Him while gaining a better understanding of Christian community.
- Leadership Team
For Progress in the Future Home of Northwood: Pray for final steps to be accomplished on the Planned Unit Development that will be submitted to the City of Maple Grove. Pray for favor. Thank God for strong giving in the first year of the current financial campaign. Pray strong giving continues. (Hebrews 11:1, Acts 2:42-47)
- Finish by saying the Lord’s Prayer and singing the Doxology (if desired).
Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come, your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever, amen.